2020 has been quite an unprecedented year that none of us would like to relive. This year has also taught us some valuable lessons from focusing on the most important things to saving lives with simple health measures. As we eagerly await to ring in the New Year, we also realize that we are all lucky to be given a chance for another new beginning that millions of others who succumbed to the virus did not get. Let’s all count our blessings and start 2021 with renewed energy to overcome our challenges, and accomplish our dreams. Health, fitness has always been everyone’s new year’s resolution and this new year it is all the more important to stay healthy.
Once the calendar resets to January 1st, we suddenly feel an overwhelming urge to reset our bodies to the healthiest version possible. We jot down the list of things to achieve in the new year. Weight loss being the topmost priority this year again for many, we are excited at the same time overwhelmed to navigate our way through the maze of diet plans, supplements, and medicines.
Here are some quick tips to reach your optimum weight this year and also to keep it off :
1. Set realistic goals. Write down your goal weight, most importantly set a date especially if you have any upcoming event. The weight did not come on overnight so do not expect it to come down easily either.
2. Track your weight weekly on the same scale in the morning without clothes and maintain a log.
3. Focus on eating healthy. Allot time for smart grocery shopping, meal planning, and preparation. This will go a long way not only in weight loss but also in improving your energy level, saving you money and time. If time is in short supply, make use of the food delivery services that cater to health-conscious consumers with fresh ingredients and recipes delivered right to your doorstep.
4. Exercise can be fun. Sweating it off on the treadmill is not the only way to burn calories. Choose any physical activity that you enjoy doing, be it gardening or walking the dog but maintain a regime.
5. Make use of technology. Apps like MyFitness Pal, Fitbit makes tracking easier right from the palm of your hand.
6. Clear your mind of all conflicts. Emotional instability can lead to binge eating, insomnia, depression, and weight gain.
7. Partner with a pal. Having a weight loss partner can be both motivating and supportive. Friendly competition like “Biggest Loser” among girlfriends, family members, or colleagues can give you the best outcome.
Let this year be the one to tip the scale in your favor. Good luck.